Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), most of our participating museums and galleries have closed to the public.
If you are planning on visiting a garden or park, we encourage you to check their website or contact them to find out about any closures or changes in service or events.
ALL MUSEUMS/GALLERIES/GARDENS ARE CLOSED. The ONLY open institutions we can provide passes for are:
- Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
- New York Botanical Gardens
- New York State Empire Pass
All other institutions are closed, and passes may not be borrowed from HWPL.
The Hewlett-Woodmere Public Library provides admission passes to selected museums for resident adult cardholders under the following guidelines:
- Museum passes may be borrowed, free of charge by Hewlett-Woodmere Public Library RESIDENT cardholders, 18 years of age and older, who have a Library card in good standing (i.e. no outstanding fines).
- Only one pass may be borrowed at a time. Borrowers must return a pass before borrowing another and may only have one reservation per museum at one time.
- Reservations may be made up to 90 days in advance. Patrons may only have one reservation at a time for any given pass. Once the pass is returned, patrons may reserve that same pass again.
- Print on Demand passes may not be borrowed more than once in any thirty-day period.
- Reservations for Pick up & Return passes will be taken for three-day loans. Reservations for Print on Demand passes will be taken for one-day loans.
- The pass must be returned to the desk from which it was borrowed. IT CAN NOT BE RETURNED IN THE BOOK OR VIDEO DEPOSITORIES. A receipt will be provided upon return.
- Passes are available through the Children's Room Desk (374-1967 Ext. 402) and the Information Desk (374-1967 Ext. 404).
- Overdue charges will be $25.00 per day overdue. Failure to pay these charges will lead to suspension of all borrowing privileges.
- There will be a non-refundable charge of $50.00 for a lost pass IN ADDITION TO ALL APPLICABLE OVERDUE CHARGES. A pass will be considered overdue until it is reported missing.
- At the time of check-out borrowers must:
- Present a valid HWPL adult, resident card
- Sign for the pass, acknowledging the due date and related late charges
Additional Museums Without Passes:
American Museum of Natural History - New York City (Suggested Donation)
Clark Botanic Garden - Albertson, NY (Voluntary Donation)
The Met (Metropolitan Museum Of Art) - New York City (Suggested Donation)
Queens County Farm Museum - Queens (Free)
The Museum at FIT - New York City (Free)
Bronx Zoo - Bronx (Pay-What-You-Wish on Wednesdays)
The Jewish Museum - New York City (Free on Saturdays)
Hall Of Science - Queens (Free admission Sunday mornings, 10 am - 11 am)
American Guitar Museum - New Hyde Park (Free)
Rock Hall Museum - Lawrence (Free)
Access To The Arts Card - By purchasing the Access to the Arts card from the Arts Council at Freeport for $10, the student can present their personalized card to participating arts organizations throughout Nassau and Suffolk counties, and purchase a discounted ticket to that art event for only $5.